A look at this week…
1. We have literacy week upon us!! I see many students wearing orange today! Hope you know why!!! Did you hear about the story?? Hope so! Your child will have a flyer about the other stories this week… What should they wear tomorrow?? Ask them!
2. We will have extra testing this week-a curriculum core standards test..Wednesday will be reading and Thursday-math. These will be about one hour long and be completed on computers. When I receive the results, I will pass them along to you. Thanks. Because of this, and because of no school on Friday, we will not have a test this week on Lesson 7 in language arts, we will review all concepts through our class work. Thanks.
3. Halloween-we will have a celebration Monday afternoon-treats are welcomed, but not necessary!! I will have a couple of fun activities planned! 4th graders will not dress up in costumes at school, but hope they do in the evening if it is your family tradition
4. As mentioned, no school for students on Friday.
5. PTA meeting tonight!!! Please come if you can!
Language Arts: Lesson 7 focus is around Fact and Opinion and summarizing in our reading. We will also focus on punctuation and word parts phon, tele, auto, graph and photo. Our grammar this week is simple verb tenses.
Homework: Your child will write two sentences each night, bringing them in the next day to be read by a classmate. One sentence should be a fact and one an opinion. Each sentence should be at least 7 words in length. The sentences should be about themselves (your child.) Please edit for grammar with your child. Thanks. As always, your child can do more sentences if you/they wish. Also, your child should be READING each night. This should also be reflected in their AR record!! Your child will have with them today, their current AR record. If I indicated a phone call and/or signature, please call or sign and return by tomorrow. Thanks. Extra credit each night-your child can write a question that includes themself. (Does my mother think that my handwriting is easy to read?)
Math: We will complete lessons 3.43.7 this week-lots of Multiplication and Division fact work. Have your child practice extra each night if they need the extra help. Thanks. We will also provide practice in measuring length and using a map scale.
Homework: Monday through Wednesday-Lessons 3.4 through 3.6. We will complete lesson 3.7 homework in class on Thursday with a partner and they should have it to show you Thursday evening. Thanks.
Art: Hopefully we will complete our paintings this week-we will be working on them as students finish other work that they are doing. Hopefully!!:)
Science: We will continue to investigate magnetic properties. How can we break the force?
Social Studies: This week we will review Chapter 1-exploring the United States and have a quiz on the first 4 lessons on Thursday. Your child can take the book home to review, but we will also review Monday – Wednesday in the class. The review will include Natural Resources, climate, landscape and where in U.S. is using Latitude and Longitude.
Thanks for the snack coming in!!