A few important notes…
**A reminder that Wednesday is a half day-students leave school at 12:15.
1. Thursday, March 28 is our Gallery Walk!!! Please come and view all the hard work everyone has been doing!! The Gallery Walk will blend into our PTA night!!! Please come and enjoy!!! More details on Ray E News.
2. We have a Field Trip planned to see Alvin Ailey Dance Theater!!!! I am so very excited!!! We will go to the Auditorium Theatre on March 14-that is a Thursday!!!! The trip is pricey $17.00, but well worth it!!! The money is due this week!!! Actually I need it no later than Friday!!! Thanks.
3. ISAT’s. Start next Monday. I have purchased gum (after telling them all year to keep it at home Ha!), mints, candy, hot chocolate, etc. Good motivational, fun rewards!!! If you would like to contribute in any way, thanks!!
4. Next Monday-RAY SPIRIT DAY!!! EVERYONE should wear their GREEN and WHITE!!! You can purchase Ray Logo from me for as little at $6.00!!! The money goes to support our PTA and all the programs that YOU keep going at RAY!!
5. During ISAT’s there is very little homework….reading each night and only doing homework if they wish (with your input). I will have some worksheets to complete, if they feel the need to do a little extra practice-but they will not be graded. Just for home if you and your child feel like they would be helpful. Thanks.
6. Finally, please check to see if your child has their passport. It seems that several students are leaving their passport at home, in their locker, or simply “can not find it/” These passports are used every time your child leaves the room-so we know where they are going and to keep everyone safe and responsible. I also have students check our my classroom library books in their passport. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILD’S PASSPORT IS?? Please look and make sure your child has it tomorrow!! Thanks.
Language Arts: Again this week, we will not be doing a regular Journey’s skill, but will be reviewing a variety of skills that will be covered on ISAT’s. Can your child tell your how to write an extended-response? Ask them the steps and many ways to start sentences and their thought process.
Homework: Again this week, each night, your child will have a few worksheets-both language arts and science. Again, these should be listed each day in their passport. Every day at 3:30, we get out the passports and write down all homework. Thanks for helping with this structure and reminding your child to do this. Homework, Monday through Thursday. Friday’s will be given for your child to keep at home.
Math: We will do lessons in our math unit that cover graphing, volume, 3-dimensional shapes, fractions and decimals and some division.
Homework: Again, your child will have at least one worksheet each night this week, Monday through Thursday, to be returned the following day for grading. Thanks.
Science: We are working on mostly Earth and Space Science this week. Your child will have two lessons each night to read and do the follow-up “show what you know” answer.
Thanks for the copying paper and we can always use more kleenex tissue!!! Thanks.
Have a great week!! And thanks for your help. Hope to see you Thursday!!!